Serving user lists to Windows9x stations

Jim McDonough jmcd at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 13 17:29:47 GMT 2001

The problem seems to be that the 95 usrmgr.exe limits the return data size
on the SamrEnumDomainAliases call to 512, and on my system, we need more
bytes to return the group information.  So if you don't have many unix
groups on your Samba server, it should work....

But the NT/2k usrmgr limits it to 1024....so I'll see what happens if I
increase the number of groups enough....

Jim

Jim McDonough
Linux Technology Center
IBM Boulder