Uploading printer drivers samba2_2

Willy Coppens willy.coppens at eurostation.be
Fri Jan 19 23:38:31 GMT 2001

Hi,

Startingpoint is samba2_2 CVS from 19.12.2000

I read the PRINTER_DRIVER2.TXT, created the share print$ with is sub
directory W32X86.
We then created a printer HPLJ8000DN_1_2 on our linuxbox and his share in
samba.
Samba is also PDC.

When i am right we can use the NT add printer wizard to upload the
printerdrivers in samba.
Untill now it doesn't work.

When we want to add the printer with the NT APW, this is what we get.

In the NT APW
select network print server

whe see the printer

LIN\\LIN\HPLJ8000DN_1_2 	NO DRIVER AVAILABLE FOR THIS PRINTER (seems right)

When we select the printer

We get
"The server on which the printer resides does not have a suitable NO DRIVER
AVAILABLE FOR THIS PRINTER printer driver installed. Click on OK if you wish
to install the driver on your local machine"

select OK
we than have
"File Needed : Printer driver INF for NO DRIVER AVAILABLE FOR  TH"
"the file '*.INF on (unknown) is needed"
"Type the path where the file is located and click ok"
"Copy files from"

I select hp8000ps
so I get in the window
I:\winnt\english\oemsetup
select OK

Here after we get the message
"Printer driver setup error. the printer driver is unknown"

Yes I am logged in as root.

What can be the problem, or better how can we resolve the upload problem.
Is there more to do than there is explained in PRINTER_DRIVER2.TXT

Best Regards

Willy Coppens
IT
NV EUROSTATION