SAMBA 2.2

Makis Marmaridis I.Marmaridis at uws.edu.au
Sat Jan 20 14:16:54 GMT 2001

Alternatively, you can just go into /usr/sbin and delete smbd and nmbd
(which are the old versions of samba that most likely came bundled with your
distritution (you can use ./smbd -V to verify the version of those files).
Then just make a soft symbolic link (check man ls for the exact syntax) to
the new set of binaries (the new smbd and nmbd) that by default should
reside in /usr/local/samba/bin/ directory.

Of course uninstalling the older version is the proper way of doing things
(but there is more than one way to skin a cat).

HTH,
Cheers,
Makis.