2.0.7 PDC to NT workstation 4 connection problem

peterc peterc at brosystems.com
Wed Jan 17 15:59:56 GMT 2001

Hi
	I am currently trying to configure samba to be a PDC for my NT network.
I have followed the HOW-TO and created an smb.conf file

[global
security = user
status = yes
workgroup = idcorp
encrypt password = yes
domain logons = yes
logon script = U%bat
domain admin group = @peterc
guest account = nobody
local master = yes
domain master = yes
prefered master = yes
log level = 3

[homes]
guest ok = no
read only = no
create mask = 770
directory mask = 770
oplocks = true

[netlogon]
path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
writeable = no
guest ok = no
public = no
browseable = no

[users]
path = /users/home
browseable = yes
writeable = yes
guest ok = no

I have created the machine account and joined the domain ok.

I have created a user and password

however when I attempt to log in I am told that I cannot login to the domain
as the system
account for the computer does not exist or the password is wrong

however if I log in to the local machine I can then go to my PDC and browse
the files
by typing in the passwd that is refused by the PDC as a network login.

has anyone else seem this problem before ?