NT Security behavior using Samba

Paul Williams paul at slaterandson.com
Wed Jan 17 16:31:38 GMT 2001

I've noticed since installing Samba as a PDC that I can no longer share
resources between peers.  I can access workstation shares (both file and
printer) from the samba server, but not from other NT workstations.  Also if
I try to set file permissions on the NT Workstations it seems to allow me to
do that, but after logging out and logging back in the file whose
permissions have been set comes up as "Unknown User".

I theorize that this is because Samba doesn't yet keep consitant SID values
for each user.  Is this expected behavior?