Win ME clients

Armand Welsh armand at welshhome.org
Thu Jan 4 07:30:09 GMT 2001

Yes it is possible, it's as simple as specifing a domain to authenticat on, on windows ME (it's identical to win95/98).

Yes, win ME will respect your share permissions.  Actually, winME has not part in the share permissions.  It will try to access whatever you tell it to, and it assumes it has rights.  Samba is what will handle rejecting the permission to your shares.  So what I am saying, is its a server issue, not a client issue.

hth
Armand