I give up

Stefaan A Eeckels Stefaan.Eeckels at ecc.lu
Thu Feb 15 16:52:39 GMT 2001

On 15-Feb-2001 Morris Maynard wrote:
>  How much is your time worth? I know I could have bought all of my customers
>  a copy of Windows 2000 Server and set it up for them in the time I have
>  wasted playing around with Samba 2.2.

It's alpha code. Don't play if you don't have time.

<-- Printing woes snipped -->

>  The last straw was when my local logon profiles "disappeared" - if I logged
>  on as anyone other than "root" to my Win2k client, I had no roaming profile
>  and I had no local profile - I was a ghost.
>
>  No thanks. I went back to 2.0.7 just to be able to get some work done.

You can thank MS for having nice, incompatible versions of a sucky
undocumented network protocol. Seems like they convinced you that's
a productive way of doing business. Your money, your decision.

>  Next week, I get a new hard drive and start to leave Linux behind.

Jeezes, did you wear it out trying Samba 2.2?

Stefaan
--
How's it supposed to get the respect of management if you've got just
one guy working on the project?  It's much more impressive to have a