Joining SambaDomain with Win2k(german)

Christoph Schumacher schumi-news at gmx.de
Mon Feb 12 15:35:08 GMT 2001

Hi Ron

Hi solved the problem.
The failure is, that the adduser programm of BSD is the wrong add user
script. You have to use "/usr/sbin/pw", BUT: that doesnt work too, because
w2k wants to add an account with the name of the win2k machine with a "$" in
the name, e.g. merlin$ if the w2k machines name is merlin.
Add the user "by hand" without "$",vipw the passwd file and add the $ sign,
smbpasswd -a....and it will work.