NT type Permissions to Win2k machines.

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Sun Feb 11 18:26:51 GMT 2001

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Marc Harding wrote:

> I have a simple question.  I have been working with the cvs versions of
> samba 2.2 for some time now and seem to have all the functionality I need
> to start using it.  However the one major issue I am having is bring down
> permissions from the domain to a Windows 2000 Professional machine (which
> is part of the domain).  For example if I try to add a user or a group from
> the domain to be part of the Administrators group, I see no users to pull
> from, and I only see the Domain Admins group.  Is this normal at this point
> in development?
>
> If I choose the Domain Admins group,  and click OK, in the 'Select user or
> group' Dialog box, followed by Apply in the 'Administrators Properties'
> Dialog box.  I get the following error:

All of this is normal.

I have a fairly large patch to implement correctly group mapping in samba.
I hope to finish it soon. Once integrated, you will be able to add domain
groups (from the samba PDC) in local group (on the NT client).

The only thing not possible on a samba PDC or samba domain member will be
to add domain groups in the local groups.

	J.F.