Problems when joining samba server to NT Domain

Martin Foerster mafoe at sgi.com
Fri Feb 2 15:19:49 GMT 2001

you should at least have the following entries in smb.conf
workgroup = KRSELD011
security = domain
domain logins = yes

if you wnat to authenticate over your PDC you should add
password server = KRSELD011PD1
encrypted passwords = yes

this way you don't need to specify the pdc in smbpasswd,
just do >smbpasswd -j KRSELD011
if it doesn't work, remove the server from servermanager, add it again,
stop/start samba and try it again.

martin