Problems when joining samba server to NT Domain

mei.lin.leong at ap.abnamro.com mei.lin.leong at ap.abnamro.com
Fri Feb 2 08:03:46 GMT 2001

hi all,

I am using Samba version 2.0.3. I am attempting to join the NT domain to the samba server
I have the following error message. Please help if you can.

The details are provided as follows :

Domain : KRSELD011
PDC     : KRSELD011PD1
samba is installed on a unix server called kplusrecovery
netbios name = blank in smb.conf file
workgroup = KRSELD011
On the NT Domain KRSELD011, kplusrecovery is already added

Error Message Encountered :
root at kplusrecovery:/opt/samba/bin> smbpasswd -j KRSELD011 -r KRSELD011PD1

cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine KRSELD011PD1.Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
2001/01/31 17:45:17 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change password for domain KRSELD011.
Unable to join domain KRSELD011.

Would appreciate your help if you could reply to mei.lin.leong at ap.abnamro.com
Wondering what other parameters I need to correct.

Please reply to the above address.
Thank you very much for your help.

Regards
Leong Mei Lin

Disclaimer:

"This  message  is  confidential.  It  may  also be privileged or otherwise
protected  by legal rules. If you have received it by mistake please let us
know by reply and then delete it from your system."