NT PDC licensing

Olivier Lemaire olivier.lemaire at IDEALX.com
Wed Dec 12 13:40:03 GMT 2001

> Do Samba and Samba TNG use the same schema?

Seems that answer = no

Samba 2.2.2 schema is lighter than the on used on TNG (cvs from
the beginning of November) : only sambaAccount (users and workstation)
are dealt by 2.2.2. TNG have support for sambaGroups and sambaBuiltin

For Samba 3.0, it's another pb. It seems that 3.0 will use the Microsoft
Schema... I need to spend some time about it in the near future.

> Also we (users) need better documentation OF the
> schema,  currently it looks like lots of attributes are there but not
> used (current = 2.2.1a patched).  If there already is comprehensive schema
> documentation I'd appreciate an href to it.

Most of what you're looking for is in the Ignacio Coupeau Samba + LDAP Howtos.
some other will (for now, few explanation exists, I'll update this asap) be
written in the Samba-2.2.2 + LDAP PDC Howto, but 'specific' to Samba-2.2.2
(samba.schema).

> >>3. There's a ldap replication howto on the web somewhere. Check it out if
> >> you havent :)
> I have an LDAP presentation at
> ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

cute !

> It has been checked over by several people from the OpenLDAP list, so most
> of the content should be correct.  If any one wants to reference (link
> to) it they are more than welcome.

No pb ! done ! thx !

> I also intend to add a Samba section once a little more documentation comes
> out the chute.

ok, I'll work on it for this next weekend.

--
lem