NT PDC licensing

Adam Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Dec 12 13:12:03 GMT 2001

>> 2.Check out the samba-tng ldap howto's if you haven't :)
>I've got it, Thank's to Ignacio Coupeau job !

Do Samba and Samba TNG use the same schema?  Once upon a time I though
they looked diffrent.  Also we (users) need better documentation OF the
schema,  currently it looks like lots of attributes are there but not
used (current = 2.2.1a patched).  If there already is comprehensive schema
documentation I'd appreciate an href to it.

>>3. There's a ldap replication howto on the web somewhere. Check it out if you
>>havent :)
>Yes, I think I should add to the beginning howto some info on :
> . ldap replication (in case of master/slave)
> . ldap configuration (indexes)
> . ldap backup and restore

I have an LDAP presentation at
ftp://kalamazoolinux.org/pub/pdf/ldapv3.pdf

It has been checked over by several people from the OpenLDAP list, so most
of the content should be correct.  If any one wants to reference (link
to) it they are more than welcome.  I also intend to add a Samba section
once a little more documentation comes out the chute.