Win2K SP2 + Samba 2.2.2 + Roaming Profiles

Ladislav Kostal ladislav.kostal at fem.uniag.sk
Fri Dec 7 05:22:02 GMT 2001

Hello admins,

Does someone have working %SUBJ%?

All I can get for this configuration is:

1) Win2K client can join domain with Samba 2.2.2 as PDC
2) User from samba server can log in to the Win2K client
3) Profile is moved after logout to server properly
4) BUT when the user logs in again profile is NOT copied from server, but
Win2K creates NEW one!

Could someone explain me, what am i doing wrong? Relevant sections from
smb.conf: (profile is stored in users's home directory on Samba server)

[global]
   workgroup = TEST
   domain logons = yes
   security = user