unix groups and samba head 2.2 - how do they appear on the windows side?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Dec 6 14:23:02 GMT 2001

Hi!

Currently, I use a TNG-PDC. It is working quite well, but I can't make
accounts expire, and so I consider to move back to head. I have a
configuration where I can "map" a unix group to a local windows group by
adding the group "MYDOMAIN\UNIXGROUP" to the local windows group. I need
the members of the unix group in this local windows-group (it's not me
who did the clients' installation ;-). Will this be possible with samba
2.2.2 and the windows 2000 clients?

Thank You, CU, Lars.