Uploading printer drivers from Win2K Prof Client

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Apr 25 15:06:59 GMT 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Shanker Balan wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I understand that i have to add "addprinter command =
> /usr/bin/addprinter" to my smb.conf (from man smb.conf).
>
> I cant find the add printer command "addprinter" anywhere in my
> samba_2_2 CVS download. Where can i find it?

You have to write it I'm afraid.  Note that this is only necessary
if you want to add **new** printers not already defined in smb.conf.
the add printer command should create a new printer on the UNIX
host and create the appropriate entry in smb.conf.

If you just want to use printers already defined in smb.conf
(say [printers] for example), then just right click and upload
the desired driver.  Make sense?

Cheers, jerry

 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org