Uploading printer drivers from Win2K Prof Client

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Wed Apr 25 14:44:25 GMT 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:46:30 Shanker Balan wrote:

> I can't seem to upload the driver to my Samba 2.2 PDC (on
> RHL 7.0). I am however able to install the driver locally
> and print from my W2K workstation. It just gives me the error
> that the printer driver cannot be installed after going through
> the Add Printer Wizard routine. All stunts done while logged
> in as root.

There was a slight omission in the printing chapter of the
howto collection in the 2.2.0 release.  My fault entirely.
In order to use the APW from a Windows NT/2000 client,
you must also define a 'add printer command' in smb.conf.
I have updated the Samba-HOWTO-Collection and the latest version
will always be available onthe "Documentation" page
on http://samba.org/ and mirrors (starting in about an hour).

Cheers, jerry
 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org