Problems installing a standalone MS Exchange Server in a Samb a 2.0.7 Domain

Steve Langasek vorlon at netexpress.net
Wed Apr 11 04:24:41 GMT 2001

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, McEldowney, Michael wrote:

> I'm assuming that your using the Samba 2.0.7 box as your "PDC" for the
> domain.  If so, you won't be able to get Exchange to work.  It requires
> PDC services that 2.0.7 doesn't provide.  You have 3 options:

> 1. Use 2.2.0-alpha3 if you dare run it in a production environment (not
> recommended, but you could wait for the 2.2 release)

Hmm, I've had quite a few difficulties getting Exchange to work against our
Samba 2.2.0-alpha3 PDC.  (To be exact, a co-worker of mine tied an Exchange
server into our Samba-TNG domain without telling me, and when I tried to
migrate the PDC, everything broke and we have yet to get it working again.)
Does anyone have any first-hand experience with getting Exchange working
successfully against 2.2.0-alpha3?

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer