Problems installing a standalone MS Exchange Server in a Samba 2.0.7 Domain

Roman Orth Roman.Orth at educators.de
Tue Apr 10 09:56:08 GMT 2001

Hi,

> I've got problems when I try to setup an Exchange Server in a Samba 2.0.7
Domain. I'm logged in as a domain
> admin and have gotthe local rights to install exchange. Setup starts and
all questions can be answered... But
> the last step of setup fails: The services for exchange are installed and
this fails with the error: "Account
> not found or invalid".

If you are trying to install Exchange 2000 it won't do imho, because that
version of Exchange needs an Active Directory to install properly.

> Now I tried to start another service with a domain users account, which
fails in the same way...
Remember: the accouunt *must* have the right to _logon as a service_!

> Unfortunately Exchange can not be installed using a local sam Account or
even the localSystem Account....
Again: which version of Exchange you are using (or trying to use) ?

> Can Somebody out there help me ????
I hope this will help you.

> Thanx for your support
Just to please you

> Goetz w........

Regards Roman Orth

\ Roman Orth                    roman.orth at educators.de  /
/ educators Gbr                 +49(0)631 34106-0        \
\ Hoelzengraben 2                                        /
/ 67657 Kaiserslautern                                   \
\ Germany                                                /