Problems installing a standalone MS Exchange Server in a Samba 2.0.7 Domain

Goetz Weinmann goetzmail at gmx.de
Tue Apr 10 09:45:54 GMT 2001

Hi,

I've got problems when I try to setup an Exchange Server in a Samba 2.0.7 Domain. I'm logged in as a domain admin and have gotthe local rights to install exchange. Setup starts and all questions can be answered... But the last step of setup fails: The services for exchange are installed and this fails with the error: "Account not found or invalid".

Now I tried to start another service with a domain users account, which fails in the same way...

Unfortunately Exchange can not be installed using a local sam Account or even the localSystem Account....

Can Somebody out there help me ????

Thanx for your support

Goetz w........