(Was Caution Stoopid Newbie) - A better (Longer) explanation

McEldowney, Michael MMcEldowney at deltaregional.com
Mon Apr 9 13:45:45 GMT 2001

I concur with Mark.  Don't blow away your NT box yet.  That's premature,
and I don't think it will help in this case.  One more question, what is
the name of the domain that your NT box is PDC of?  Is it "MYDOMAIN" as
well, or something different?  If it's different, have you changed the
98 box to log on to "MYDOMAIN" in the Network settings?

If all of that looks right to you, then I would suggest taking Mark's
advice and blow away your Win98 network settings, reboot, then reinstall
them.  I too have had to resort to this as the only way to make a Win98
box accept changes.

Mike