Misc

Jeremy Allison jeremy at valinux.com
Tue Sep 26 18:25:18 GMT 2000

Mike Westkamper wrote:

> And to the keepers of the flag, A definitive statement of objectives
> would seem to be in order.

Ok - here is an "official" statement, paraphrased from Gerald's
excellent posts.

<synopsis>

  Luke decided he could not work within the boundaries
  of the main samba code branch.  Therefore he was offered
  a development branch for the sole purpose of continuing
  his work and that would would be evaluated before bringing
  it back into the HEAD branch code.

  Luke feels this work is not progressing in the way he
  would wish and has decided not to participate further in
  it. This of course is his decision and we should all respect
  it. This work is still going on of course, and the benefits
  of it will be released in a future version of Samba.

  Now to the question of whether or not Samba will ever
  be able to act as a PDC, the answer is YES !  We are
  working on it.  If you would like to help, please jump
  in.  We're really not a proud bunch and will gladly
  accept help.  Really. :-)

</synopsis>

Thanks Gerald,

Hope this clears things up,