TNG suitablity for production systems ?

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Tue Sep 26 18:12:19 GMT 2000

We are not using a TNG server in production, but we do use
rpcclient as an integral part of our squid authentication
mechanism.  Only TNG's rpcclient could offer what we needed.

For now, I'm sure you will have to continue using TNG as is.
Hopefully, soon you and I can begin using Samba's main tree
for these things, but, as other threads have noted, it is not
currently known when or if the main tree will be able to
provide such functionality.  As far as I can tell from the
recent debate on the matter, it may be next month, next year,
next decade, or it may never happen at all.  All that is known
is that it is currently "in development".

I really wish there was an answer to that question.
(even if it were revised n times)

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com