TNG-stable

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Tue Sep 26 16:51:54 GMT 2000

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Karl Denninger wrote:

> The problem here is two-fold:
>
> 1.	"Selling" something (and "sell" does not mean taking money, folks)
> 	as being a fit replacement for a given thing, and playing all the
> 	hype that comes with it (granting magazine and trade rag interviews,
> 	etc) when you have no intention or ability to support that thing as
> 	a true functional equivalent.
>
> 2.	Then, when people have that EXPECTATION, which *YOU* built, you
> 	then fall back on the "heh, its free and open source" line.
>
> That's a bullshit approach.
>
> Either you ARE something or you ARE NOT.

Karl,

Until you write a single line of code for Samba, you ARE NOT something.

If you were as good for bringing to samba the missing functionnalities as
you are for complaining and whinning, Samba would be a complete
replacement for W2K by now.

As of today, I have read thousand of mails from people asking for
features. I have received ONLY A SINGLE mail from someone asking what to
do to help. I have NEVER received a single mail which included some code
to improve the RPC code of Samba.

So as someone else said on another list unrelated to samba:

	"Show me the code or go away."

	J.F.