Future/end of TNG (was Re: I don't understand something ...)

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Tue Sep 26 03:53:48 GMT 2000

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 04:10:55PM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
> Kai Blin wrote:
> >
> > So, come on, you guys!! There should be _some_
> > programmers out there!! Let's rescue TNG.
>
> What's there to rescue?  TNG is a development branch.
> Luke forked it, and left.  What can we say?

Ok, I overreacted a bit yesterday.

> We are working on porting code form TNG over to
> HEAD for domain controlling.  Jean-Francois has already
> been working on porting the necessary codefor Win2k domain
> logons (no native mode of course).

What we heard out here was "Elrond is proting some changes to HEAD" that's
it. If you do more than just a bit, keeping the functionality, then that's
ok.

> If anyone wants to help, join samba-technical and let's
> get started.

I still think about that.

Kai

--
Kai Blin, Sysop
University of Tuebingen

Do what comes naturally.  Seethe and fume and throw a tantrum.