I don't understand something ...

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Mon Sep 25 18:06:01 GMT 2000

Rafa³ Szcze¶niak wrote:

> Can somebody explain me (or confirm - I'm scared to say that) what
> exactly does mean: Samba TNG branch has been terminated ?
> Does it really mean, that TNG won't be developed any longer ???? :(((((

Luke has quit development work on TNG.  Whether this means TNG will
now die off or be merged into HEAD or continue on its own is unclear.
Luke was doing the vast majority of the work there.

> What's official stance of Samba Team developers on this problem ?

This is not clear.

A better issue is generally speaking, what is the Samba Team's stance
on Samba's future (or lack thereof) as a domain controller, and what
sort of priority is that functionality?

I think this is a crucial issue to a growing percentage of Samba's
users--an issue which, to my knowledge, the Samba Team has not yet
really addressed.  Could some official (posted) position be taken
on this, please?

Thanks.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com