Odp: RE: Samba as PDC

Rafał Szcześniak rszczesniak at mis.com.pl
Mon Sep 25 16:25:30 GMT 2000

If you've had using Samba as PDC for Win98 and WinNT on your mind,
then you should use Samba TNG, but ...
Problem is a bit more complicated. Samba TNG filesharing works quite nice
with NT but not with Win98. So, you need combination of Samba TNG
(Primary Domain Controller) and Samba HEAD (very good file- and
printsharing
capabilities) to put netlogon, profiles and possible other share on.

BTW: Use your patience in configuring Samba TNG as PDC to work
with native NT Servers. You'll probably need it :-)

Rafał

Tom Schröder <TSchroeder at innonics.de>
00-09-25 16:00