TNG-stable

ks at ub.uni-mainz.de ks at ub.uni-mainz.de
Mon Sep 25 14:49:59 GMT 2000

<rant>
With all this trouble around samba-tng lately I'm in the process
of cleaning my Sun's from the leftovers of samba and samba-tng and use
the new version of Sun PC NetLink (1.2) which you can download from
http://www.sun.com/interoperability/netlink/download.html for free
(after registration etc. and it's really large, around 262MB).

Ok, It's not Free Software in the sense of Open Source, I don't have
source to muck with. And it's a real pitty that I cannot use it on my
NetBSD machines. But: it's a complete PDC/BDC for NT, supports
Win98/95 etc and is doing what I need in my environment. YMMV!

Don't get me wrong: I really appreciate the work Luke at al. have done
on TNG, but if I can see no future for a once really interesting and
promising project, I've to look elsewhere for the tools to get my job
done.
</rant>

Just my 2 cents...

     Kurt Schreiner

Ps.: My relationship with Sun Microsystems is as a satisfied coustomer,
     nothing else.
Dipl.-Inform. Kurt Schreiner            Tel. : +49 6131 39 25134
Universitaet Mainz/Zentralbibliothek	Fax. : +49 6131 39 24159 o. 23976
Jakob Welder Weg 6, 55128 Mainz		Mail : ks @ ub.uni-mainz.de