PDC

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Wed Sep 20 07:56:35 GMT 2000

The machines trust account must be set to a default value. Do this with:
"smbpasswd -am <netbios_name_of_client>" (yes, I know a is for add, but
it doesn't work so well unless you use a)

Then join the machine to the domain without trying to make an account
(this does not work on 2.0.7, which is why you have to set the default
password)

Buchan

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za