remote password change + defect profiles

Kai Blin k.blin at gmx.net
Tue Sep 19 13:56:38 GMT 2000

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 07:08:06PM +0200, desteny wrote:
> Hi,
Hi, what about getting a name?? (I know it's Danny) ;)

I'm afraid I won't be able to help you with the whole bunch of problems
you've got here.

> I'm using suse 6.2 with samba 2.0.7 as a logon and file server server
> für win98 clients.
> The server and the workstations are configured for roaming profiles.
>
> And here are the major problems:

Sorry here :(.

> questions:
> 5.
> are unix-user groups mapped to lanmager user groups?

You can do it if you want.

map groupname = /path/to/some/map_file

whereas the mapfile contains

unix_group  = NT group

> this is importand because i'm using policy files to hinder the pupils
> trashing the win98-clients
> configuration. Currently only the superuser has all privileges.. the
> others aren't allowed to change
> anything.
> Of course a more sophisticated system with groups(for teachers, admins,
> pupils, me etc.) would be better.
>
> I'm not very experienced in samba yet but have to administrate our
> whoole school network.. couse our teachers know
> nothing about unix/linux or samba..

Good luck! You'll need it!! :)

> Danny Seis

Kai Blin

> Quod me nutrit, me destruit
Aliquid melius quam pessimum optimum non est.

Latin at school? :)

--
Kai Blin, Sysop
University of Tuebingen

There are ten or twenty basic truths, and life is the process of
discovering them over and over and over.
		-- David Nichols