changed the uid of a user and now can't auth through PDC

Keith Lynn lynn at tsunami.cis.usouthal.edu
Mon Sep 18 13:31:31 GMT 2000

I have had this problem a few times. Everything seemed to be okay, but it
wouldn't authenticate. The problem turned out to be that the uid on the
UNIX server and the uid listed in the smbpasswd weren't the same. As long
as you change the one in smbpasswd to the same as on the UNIX server it
should work.