changed the uid of a user and now can't auth through PDC

Roger Motz rmotz at incat.com
Mon Sep 18 13:21:11 GMT 2000

OK here is what happened.  Had samba running just fine authenticating
through an NT PDC.  Had to change the UID of one of the UNIX users (this
user is also an NT user).  Changed the UID and then couldn't access anything
through samba as that user.  I have removed samba and reinstalled, removed
the samba server from the NT doamin and added it back on.  When I do a
smbpasswd -j domain I get the following error:

# /usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -j NRD -r NRDFHT01
cli_net_auth2: Error NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
cli_nt_setup_creds: auth2 challenge failed
modify_trust_password: unable to setup the PDC credentials to machine
NRDFHT01.
Error was : NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.
2000/09/18 09:18:20 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain NRD.
Unable to join domain NRD.

I can use all the help I can get.  Thanks in advance.

roger