NIS authentication and smbpasswd

Andrea Zolnhofer & Michael Ott ZolnOtt at t-online.de
Fri Sep 15 20:12:13 GMT 2000

hi tim!

i don not understand your question. what do you want to do?
an user on a nt-workstation logon the server by authenticates on passwd,
not on smbpasswd.

is this right?

on my server i have install nis and samba and both have the same passwd.
i put my passwd.yp into my smbpasswd.

can you tell again, what is your problem (excuse me, but my
understanding in english is not very good)

bye michael