UID problem

tobias at uni-x.se tobias at uni-x.se
Tue Sep 5 13:20:47 GMT 2000

Hello,

I have a network with a latest HEAD branch (000904), where
the UID always is set to something like "Unknown user on domain [DOMAIN]"
on the roaming profile. It seems like samba is unable to map UID to
whatever NT is using for UID.

I have tried to change the owner on the local machine, but of course
every time I login it gets changed back to "Unknown user".

The server is running Linux x86 (SuSE 6.3), the client's are running
WinNT 4 SP6.

Can anyone please help, it's quite urgent.

/Tobias
Best regards
Tobias Olsson
Förenade X AB      Voice:   +46 (0)40 459220    tobias at uni-x.se

Weiler's Law:
	Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it
	himself.