automating creation of home dirs

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Oct 27 01:33:30 GMT 2000

At 06:14 PM 26/10/2000 -0500, Brad Tarver wrote:
>okay,
>
>here is my add_user script:

Brad, I have not been following this thread so forgive me if I'm not
relevant. Certainly in 2.2 pre-release and therefore possibly in 2.0.7
there is a bug in this part of the code where samba calls the add user
script as the user who is connecting as domain admin, not as root.

As this user will almost certainly not have write permission to passwd
files etc it fails.

Test by either adding root to the admin list and tring to do it as root or
maybe have your script create a file somewhere (/tmp ?) where everyone can
write and see who ownes the resulting file. ie

#!/bin/sh
echo $1 > /tmp/add_user.stuff

david
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au