Administrator passwd?

Koen Wijnstok koen at wijnstok.com
Wed Oct 25 10:30:13 GMT 2000

--On Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2000 12:01 +0200 Koen Wijnstok
> <koen at wijnstok.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just set up a PDC running Samba-Tng-2.6. All works fine
> and I can see
> > the server in my Network Neighbourhood. But when I want to

...cut cut cut...

> If you use "samedit -S . ", i.e. local machine, you don't need to give
> in any password. Just type enter.

Ok, that works

> But I think the error message above has some other reasons ...
>
> Does a "createuser foo -p foo2" work ?

Nope, same as above....

> What's in the logfiles ?

nothing? I can't see anything in the logfiles that comes from samba or
samedit.. Just the regular starting up, going down, denied connection (other
ip) bla bla bla

> Does the smbpassewd file exists ?

yep, in /usr/local/samba/privat/smbpasswd

Koen