Samba PDC Issue

Gerald Carter gcarter at valinux.com
Tue Oct 17 04:59:33 GMT 2000

Mike,

This is a bad bug in the old 2.1 code which loops through
the password and group files to determine group membership.
Best advice is to trim you smbpasswd file as much
as possible and hold on until we get a stable PDC out the
door.

If you are running NIS, try making the PDC a NIS
slave (or copying the passwd map locally).

PS:  One of the main problems is that code calls getpwnam()
for every line in smbpasswd when all you need to validate
is the line fo rthe user once you have found it.

Maybe search the samba-ntdom archives.  Seems like
someone may have posted a patch.  You can search at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/

Cheers, jerry

 \/    http://www.valinux.com/  VA Linux Systems   gcarter at valinux.com
       http://www.samba.org/       SAMBA Team          jerry at samba.org