Login Script & access to Win95 shares across SAMBA

James W. Beauchamp jbeauchamp at gesinc.com
Thu Oct 5 20:52:34 GMT 2000

Patrick:
I may have missed the rest of this thread but:

> Okay, that last directive - domain logons = yes - put me one more step
over
> the top.
> But, when I login to the NT domain (which works, by the way), it doesn't
> execute the login script off the NT box.

Did you create the NetLogon share on the Linux box?  Did you make sure to
create the logon.bat file in Windows and then copy it to the Linux box, or
run unix2dos on it if created on the Linux box.  did you set logon file=...

> I'm not sure I'm missing anything by not having this - other than the MOD
> off the NT box - but it's one of the details I'd like to fix.
>
> Also, I have shared directories AND a shared printer on my Win95 box that
> make available to other staff here.
> My system is (now) visible from the Network Neighborhood on anyone else's
> machine, but there's no access to its shares.
> Ideas ?

Each of the other users must have an account on the Linux box to access
these shares.
 Hope this helps.