Are there two PDC projects going / which one to use?

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Nov 23 03:13:45 GMT 2000

As far as I can tell from reading the pages at samba.org, there is the fork in
the source - a new team working on the PDC code. So, what code does my new
Samba Unleashed book deal with - I would assume this chunk of the code from
samba.org.

As for people interested in either including Samba servers into networks with
an NT domain, or to replace all NT servers with Samba servers (or in my case
never install one in the first place... coming from WarpServer domains) - and
allowing the PDC to live on for security reasons with the NT/Win2K
workstations.... which way "should" one pick when it comes to this fork in the
tree?

I want to:

1) Look like there is a NTDOM is running to fool windows software, vendors of
the software as well when it comes to the fooling
2) Get back to having a server side logon script for Win2K clients, since IBM
does not have a WSeB client for Win2K, I'm stuck with putting things in the
startup folder

TIA

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems