profiles and policies

Neal Koss nkoss at dr.com
Tue Nov 21 00:07:24 GMT 2000

It's not the use of the roaming profiles that is the problem. I just don't
need them. My network is just the 2 computers in my home and I always logon
from my machine. But I'm sorry, I just don't understand what you meant by
the users saving their files.... I thought (for example, in Eudora) that I
was saving to a subdirectory of my main Eudora directory, but I find that
somehow Win98 and Samba have changed that to
C:\windows\profiles\neal\application data\qualcomm\eudora. I never set that
up! Similarly, some other programs have ended up with their data
directories there too. Are these being refreshed with each logon also? This
is what I am trying to avoid since it just adds time to the logon. Thanks....