Locked NT Shares

Steve Gonzales gonzo at eng.lsu.edu
Tue Nov 14 15:55:28 GMT 2000

I am trying to connect from a Win98 laptop dialing into a Linux dial in
server which is a member of an NT Domain.
I then attempt to net use into a Windows NT share.

Dialing in works fine.  PPP generates the PPP handshake stuff and I can
continue.  I do NOT get a Windows login screen; however, I can see the
workstations and servers within the NT Domain.  I can even see the shares
associated with these boxes.

When I try to go into one of these shares, the laptop locks up.  Same thing
in a Command Prompt if I try to Net Use * \\server\share.  It looks like
there is no SAM token given to the laptop; therefore, no NT authentication
checks will succeed.

Any ideas? TIA!

Attached is my smb.conf without the comments.

Steven C. Gonzales, MCSE, MCP+I
Louisiana State University		gonzo at eng.lsu.edu
Division of Engineering Services	225.578.6069 (v)
3216G CEBA					225.578.5990 (f)
Baton Rouge, LA  70803