Take my name... please

Manuel Bessler manuel at varxec.de
Wed Nov 8 22:49:48 GMT 2000

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 08:25:12AM -0600, Steve Gonzales wrote:
> Recently, there has been a rash of messages requesting that people's names
> be dropped from the list.
>
> For those of you who are thinking about retracting your name from this list,
> please read the initial welcome message which is automatically sent to you
> when you are added to this list.
>
> For those of you who no longer have it, here is the pertinent excerpt:
> "If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (eg, switch to or
> from digest mode, change your password, etc.), visit your subscription page
> at:
>
>   http://lists.samba.org/options/samba-ntdom/<your email>."
>
> Please refer to this site.

i tried to unsubscribe several times from samba-ntdom, but it seems
(at least for me, and only for samba-tng) that the "Send me my password"
doesn't work. If do not use the subscription page to subscribe, you never
have to submit a password, so mailman creates one. Now, when i want to
unsubscribe later, i go to the subscription pagem and let mailman send
me the password. This worked with samba, but samba-ntdom never sent me one.
I tried several times over the last 3 weeks.

Also, the digest format is somehow broken.

Maybe we should make the old way of (un)subscribing available:
mail to listname-request at domain or listprocessor at domain
with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in Subject or Body ???

regards
Manuel
--
     .-.                        | Manuel Bessler
     /v\    L   I   N   U   X   | <manuel at varxec.de>, <m.bessler at gmx.net>