Samba 2.2.0 and Win2K joining the domain

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Nov 6 22:09:22 GMT 2000

At 12:07 PM 06/11/2000 +1000, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have seen some conflicting reports of people being able to join a Samba
>2.2.0 domain from Win2K.
>
>Can people tell me the date they pulled down the version please so I can
>see if this is a problem with the latest CVS tree or a problem with what I
>have got.

OK, I pulled down a completely new copy, it works just as well as the
others. I get a 15 second delay after entering the root user name and
password before the 'Welcome to XXX domain' message and then we are in, no
problems.

Now, that is set up in a very basic config, as specified in the ntdom howto
of the samba-documentation pages.

This is on a RH6.2, kernel 2.2.16-3, on an old P150 with only 32 meg ram.
Connecting with W2K (release 2 ?) on a PIII-400 with 128 meg ram. (Actually
the dimorphism with memory is interesting, don't you think ?).

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au