Samba 2.2.0 and Win2K joining the domain

Jean Francois Micouleau Jean-Francois.Micouleau at dalalu.fr
Mon Nov 6 08:56:37 GMT 2000

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Torne Wuff wrote:

> I have SAMBA_2_2 pulled down on 3 Nov and I can't get it to work. My machine
> says 'Cannot join domain, the credentials supplied conflict with an existing
> set'. Any clues? =)

this has nothing to do with richard's problem.

The creds conflit is due to you already have a connection with the PDC.
Either your wks is in a workgroup with the same name as the domain or you
have a network connection to the PDC.

Move your wks to a different workgroup, reboot and try again to join the
domain.

	J.F.