printing problem

Peter Schmid schmid at atmos.albany.edu
Fri May 12 14:35:49 GMT 2000

Hello All,

I have been having trouble setting up printing with TNG 2.5 on
my Sun Solaris 8 machine compiled with Sun's compiler. I
have followed the instructions given by Jean Francois Micouleau
in a previous post.  I have the print$ and the W32X86 directory
setup with 755 perms etc....  I redone the installation 3 times
so I don't think it's user error:)... but of course I could be wrong.

>From my NT4 SP3 machine I click on the server, Printers, Add printer.
I install a Postscript printer driver for my ghostscript driven
printer attached to my Samba Server.  The driver gets installed
but when it tried to print the test pages I get an error:
"Test page failed to printer......
The remote procedure call failed.

I have spools running with -d100.  I don't know what output anyone
would like to help debug this.  There is tons of info!  I don't really
want to send via this list the contents of this file.

Thanks,

Pete.

Peter Schmid
Sr. Programmer/Analyst SUNY at Albany
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Phone:(518)-442-4571
E-Mail:schmid at atmos.albany.edu