Cannot start semaphore when starting samba

James Osbourn os at nfgs.essex.sch.uk
Sat May 6 16:10:18 GMT 2000

I am running version 2.0.5a of samba.  I have just performed a solaris 7
upgrade and am now not able to get samba going again.  The smbd & nmbd
processes start, but on running smbstatus i get

Samba version 2.0.5a
Service      uid      gid      pid     machine

ERROR: root did not create the semaphore
ERROR: Failed to initialise share modes
Can't initialise shared memory - exiting

Also, as a result, when we try and connect from a pc we get "netrwork
name cannot be found"

I believe that it is something that has happened as a result of the
upgrade, but would be grateful for any info.

thanks

James