Appledouble

Michael Breuer mbreuer at siac.com
Wed May 3 13:01:57 GMT 2000

This is not a samba issue... assuming you're running linux & netatalk, look into the configurability of netatalk... but... before
you trash the files, understand that your mac users might need them.  The "appledouble" files are netatalk's way of preserving the
"resource" fork of Macintosh files.  On the Mac, each contains a data fork, a resource fork, or both.  The resource fork is required
to identify the type of file (no suffix necessary) and may also contain significant additional information required for applications
to utilized the "data" fork of the file.  For files shared between PC's and Macs, typically only the data fork is required.