make distclean (make realclean)

Jens Skripczynski Skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon May 1 12:13:07 GMT 2000

Peter Samuelson:

> [Jens Skripczynski]
> > wouldn't it be better to write:
> > realclean: clean
> >         -rm -f config.log
> >         -rm -rf bin/.libs
> >         -rm -f bin/*
> >
> > Which will erase the .dummy file, and all compiled libraries and executeales.
>
> Not quite.  "*" does not include ".*" for most Unix shells.  A good
> thing, too, because you usually do not want to include "..".  My usual
> idiom for getting all files in a directory is "* .??*" which is not
> perfect but works as long as I don't have any ".?" files.
This is why i chose bin/*.
because 'ls -la' yields:
./   .cvsignore  .libs/  libmsrpc.la  libsamba.la  libsurs.la
../  .dummy      CVS/    libnmb.la    libsmb.la    libubiqx.la

So might want to erase all l
ibs, smbd, nmbd,...
maybe the dummy file
but not the 'bin/CVS/*' dir and not 'bin/.cvsignore'.

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
E-Mail: skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de

Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working
properly if you open windows.