Unable to join domain

jahall at nea.org jahall at nea.org
Mon May 1 15:17:45 GMT 2000

I have compiled and started Samba-TNG-2.5, but I cannot join the domain.

When I use samedit to create the computer account, I receive the following
message

SAM Create Domain User
Domain:  XXXXX Name:  net-admin$ ACB:  [W             ]
Resetting Trust Account to insecure, initial, well-known value:  "net-admin"
net-admin can now be joined to the domain, which should
be done on a private, secure network as soon as possible
Create Domain User:  FAILED

When I try to join the domain from the NT Workstation, I receive the following
message:

Unable to connect to the domain controller for this domain.  Have your
administrator check the computer account in the domain.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Jay