Acting as PDC

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Mar 29 13:49:42 GMT 2000

Panagiotis Malakoudis wrote:

> do you have any idea why this happens? Why can't you
> have the same netbios name as the workgroup name?

Never tracked it down exactly, but my guess is that
the client gets confused trying to differentiate between the
domain name and the server name.  Don't know if it's a
bug in Windows 9x or according to spec.  I never checked.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )